Friday, September 15, 2006

Trezeguet break silence

Video Safari

David Trezeguet has broken his silence over his transfer battle with Juventus.
The Frenchman admits he wanted to quit Juve in the summer and also took a swipe at the claims from Juve directors about the club being unable to return to it's former levels inside the next five years.
Trezeguet told Tuttosport: "Deschamps told me: you'll stay while I'm here. But nothing was done about the (contract) extension. Buffon has been able to choose, I not.
"As usual, I adapted, it does not appeal to me to go to war: I will try to give my maximum. The situation is delicate, it is not the right moment in order to speak about my contract.
"Of the new leaders, I know the ds Alessio Secco, but I have read that Blanc believes it will be at least five years in order to bring back Juventus to the levels of last season - and I will have 34!"