Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ferdinand says Eriksson never scold players

Video Safari

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand says England boss Sven Goran Eriksson never shouted at any of his players.
In his book, Rio My Story, being serialised by The Sun, Ferdinand writes: "I never heard anyone get a b******ing from Sven during his time as manager or get so much as a 'Listen, you're not doing this right.'
"Fans talked about how he should have been ranting and raving on the sidelines but not all managers are like that. Personally, I feel that if you have not played well then you need to be told to buck up your ideas.
"I like a manager who points out something about your game and you go out and try to correct it.
"That's how it has been all my club career.
"If you're not pulling your weight and not playing well, the manager needs to let you know. Under Sven that wasn't the case.
"Losing to Portugal was Sven's last match in charge of England.
"He took us forward to a certain point but not a winning point.
"I was sorry to see Sven go because I liked him as a person."