Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ribery in Marseille U-turn

Video Safari

Franck Ribery is now claiming he wants to stay with Marseille after stating earlier in the summer he wanted to leave l'OM.
Lyon were keen to land the France international following this summer's World Cup but they failed to agree a fee for the 23-year-old's services.
Bayern Munich and Arsenal have also been linked with the midfield schemer, but Ribery no longer harbours hopes of leaving the Stade Velodrome outfit.
Ribery has spoken with club officials and is now looking forward to helping the side book a place in next season's UEFA Champions League.
"I am a Marseille player and I'm happy to be here," said Ribery. "I feel great.
"I have spoken to Mr (Robert) Louis-Dreyfus (chief shareholder) and to president Mr (Pape) Diouf. I hope to have a good season at Marseille.
"Our main goal now is to finish the season in the first three (in Ligue 1) to play in the Champions League next year."