Friday, August 11, 2006

Ibrahimovic: I couldn't turn down Inter Milan

Video Safari

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says there was no way he could turn down the chance of joining Inter Milan. The Swedish international was unveiled as the Nerazzurri's latest summer recruit last night where he admitted that he jumped at the chance of a San Siro switch.
"Playing in Serie B is not great and that is why I just couldn't say no when Inter made their call," the £17m man stated.
"I'm sorry for the Juventus fans, but I have to look after my future and life goes on. This is football."
The Old Lady did offer the striker a new deal to stay in Turin, but it was clear that he wanted an exit after refusing to play in Friday's friendly against Spezia.
"I had a contract with Juventus and I respected it as best I could," he argued. "I comported myself in a professional manner with the club.
"I hope Juventus do well, they are a strong club as well as having the players and a Coach to quickly return to Serie A."
Yet Ibra, who spent two years in Turin, is now looking forward to writing a new chapter in his career with Internazionale.