Thursday, August 24, 2006

Buffon interested in AC Milan

Video Safari

Gigi Buffon has again declared he will be staying with Juventus this season, though admits a move to AC Milan interests him.
"I told Juve that I was at their disposal and was willing to leave if they needed to sell me," said Buffon to the La Repubblica newspaper.

"If the club instead wants me to stay I will do so. I think I owe it to Juve, to the family that owns the team and to the supporters," added the 28-year-old.
"Many people have been telling me I would be moving to Milan in the past few weeks and I admit I wouldn't say no to such an offer, but I would be very sorry to leave Juve."
Rumours in April had already suggested Buffon could join Milan, in a part exchange deal involving Christian Abbiati.
But after the match-fixing verdicts were delivered, the negotiations stalled and Abbiati - who spent last season on loan at Juve - finally signed for city rivals Torino.
"I was keen on moving, I wanted to play in a different stadium, see different faces, experience a new environment," added the Azzurri goalkeeper.
"I think this is a normal reaction after five or six years in the same place.
"Now, however, I feel I cannot leave Juve. I guess I will find new motivation playing in a different Division," added the Tuscan player.