Thursday, August 24, 2006

Chelsea dserve to lose

Video Safari

Middlesbrough have stunned Chelsea 2-1 at the Riverside thanks to an injury-time goal from Aussie striker Mark Viduka.
Viduka picked up Yakubu's pass on the edge of the six-yard area to rifle past Carlo Cudicini.

Andriy Shevchenko scored his first Premiership goal to give Chelsea the lead, poking home Wayne Bridge's cross.
Middlesbrough's Emanuel Pogatetz headed in the equaliser in the second half from Fabio Rochemback's free-kick.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho admitted the champions did not deserve to win after losing their second successive Barclays Premiership game at the Riverside Stadium.
He said: "I am not disappointed. I am disappointed when I deserve to win and do not win. That is when I am disappointed.
"When I do not win but do not deserve to win, I am not disappointed.
"We cannot blame referees, we cannot blame the opponents, we cannot blame bad luck. We have to blame our own performance. That is why I am not disappointed.
"For me, it was the attitude. When the team can play from minute 80 to minute 90 like they did, changing completely the way of the game, putting a lot of pressure on the opponent and almost winning the game again, it's because you are able to do it.
"But we did not before that. Before that, we were just on the pitch watching Middlesbrough play and reacting and waiting for the last whistle.
"But football is 90 minutes, it's not 75 or 80. We were a bit unlucky to lose the game.
"We could have scored a second goal when (Frank) Lampard hit the post, we could have scored a second goal before they scored their second goal.
"But overall, their attitude was much stronger than ours and I think we did not deserve more."
Mourinho, whose side launched the new campaign with a 3-0 win over Manchester City on Sunday, challenged his players to rediscover the form which has taken them to successive Premiership titles.
He said: "The point is, we know why we were champions twice, we have to know.
"I know and I think the players also know why, and it was not with this attitude, that's for sure."