Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Real Madrid last club for me...Nistelrooy

Video Safari

Ruud van Nistelrooy has declared Real Madrid will be his last club.

The Dutchman, who signed for Real over the summer from Manchester United, told AS: "I will retire here.
"Every day I attempt to be a better player. I want to win the Champions League and many trophies. This is a completely new challenge.
"I have won four trophies with Manchester United, but I want more and Madrid has given me this opportunity. I feel like a kid of 20 years of age. At this moment in my career, Madrid is the best thing that has happened to me in my life."
On coach Fabio Capello, Van Nistelrooy said: "My first impression of him is very good. He is a clear and direct man. He does not say: 'Perhaps yes, or perhaps not'. He knows what he wants and that is good."
Asked about his former United teammate David Beckham, Van Nistelrooy added: "People see him as a star, like somebody from another world. But if they saw him in his normal life, they would realize he's like everyone else. It would be good for fans to know him like that. It hurts that you're sometimes known only by your image.
"On the field we have a special connection. You could see this against Villarreal. I know his movements and he knows mine. It is good to have someone like him who can pass to you."