Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Saviola grateful to Rijkaard

Video Safari

Javier Saviola has thanked Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for not freezing him out this season.

The Argentine striker played in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Valencia after a summer which saw Barca trying to find him a buyer.
"Most importantly for a player is to be able to count on the trainer and to have dialogue with him. With Rijkaard we always have said things up front, as much as good as bad things.
"He already knows how I think and how I play, knows what I can give. Only he and I know what the situation is with me.
"When I do not get selected, he always has a quiet word and gives me confidence to train hard."
On his cameo at the Nou Camp, Saviola added: "I felt great happiness. I never have felt like that before. The support of the public is something I will keep with me for the rest of my life."