Monday, August 21, 2006

Lampard commits to Chelsea

Video Safari

Frank Lampard has kicked off Chelsea's campaign for a third consecutive title by pledging his future to the Stamford Bridge club for life.

Lampard insists he has no desire to seek out new challenges abroad and intends to play a starring role in the champions' midfield for the remainder of his career.
Lampard said: "I am very happy at the moment and we have real potential to go on and be successful for as long as I am playing football, so that is my aim.
"When I came to Chelsea it was such a big move for me and it has gone so well. A lot of that is down to me working hard but a lot of it is down to what I have got around me at Chelsea.
"I respect that and it has become a real part of me now so I see myself being here for a long time."