Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cannavaro Jr swapped teddy bear for World Cup

Video Safari

Fabio Cannavaro gave his son the perfect present last night - the World Cup trophy.
Italy's skipper just could not bear to let the 15-inch high prize out of his sight.

And he revealed: "It is a fantastic feeling. I asked my son to sleep in my bed the night before the final and told him he could sleep with the World Cup the next time.
"We were together - me, Christian and the cup."
The Juventus star, 32, was a hot tip to take the Golden Ball award for the tournament's best player.
But, somehow, he finished runner-up to shamed Zinedine Zidane.
Cannavaro, pointing to the trophy, added: "I got my award. That's it right there. I'm extremely pleased with what I have.
"Italy have waited a long time for this moment and, coming after everything that has happened to our football in the past few months, it was really needed."