Saturday, June 24, 2006

Van Nistelrooy seeks peace talks with Man Utd boss Ferguson

Video Safari

Ruud van Nistelrooy is seeking peace talks with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Sun says the pair have not spoken since and the Old Trafford club are ready to listen to offers for their record European goalscorer.
But the Dutch ace has told team-mates and pals he does not want to leave United and asked agent Roger Linse to negotiate a meeting with Fergie.
It could even happen in Germany, with Ferguson due here to watch the latter stages.
Van Nistelrooy has mostly refused to discuss his United future. But he did say: "I don't know what has gone wrong.
"I have two years left on my contract and, unless anybody tells me any different, I will return to Manchester for pre-season training."