Sunday, June 25, 2006

Toure hopes brother Yaya can join Arsenal

Video Safari

Kolo Toure admits he'd love to see Arsenal sign his kid brother Yaya.

Asked if he might persuade Arsene Wenger to recruit him for Arsenal, Toure Snr smiled. "Ah, good question," he said. "It would be nice, but I think he has a contract now in Greece. He has the talent, for sure. He is a better player than me. I tell him that, just as I tell everyone else."
The prospect of the younger Toure arriving in London, or anywhere in the Premiership, is one to savour. On sheer ability, he has few equals at this World Cup.
"I have so much to learn and, you know, I am with Olympiakos for two more years," he said. "I am happy there, but it would be a big dream to go to England and play. Maybe Kolo can do it for me!"
Yaya came through the system at Arsenal's satellite club Beveren and actual did a preseason with the Gunners before joining Olympiakos.